Friday, December 6, 2013

California Thanksgiving

Looking off the Pier at Avela Beach, California

 under the boardwalk...just having fun...
 I asked Wesley to keep an eye on Caroline, so he kept his eye on her as he took her out to catch a wave.  Natalie decided to go swimming.
 It was all fun and games, until they were done swimming and then were wet and sandy.  Oh well, worth it!
My sister, Stephanie, met us on the beach.  It's always fun to be with my sister.
Seriously, we feed Preston, we really do

 I just love my dad's hair!
 He took me and the kids on several rides in his remolded cars
This is a new one that he restored in the last few years. It was a lot of fun for the kids...but the trundle seat was the favorite!


 The kids LOVE the zip line at my parents house
Stephanie and Doug at Thanksgiving Dinner

 Debbie and Tim... he already started eating, as you can tell
 And my sisters Debbie and Jessica
Mom and Dad, the two that taught me how to be a good parent, manage my money, follow the commandments, run really far and enjoy life.  I am blessed to be their daughter!
And they open their house to all of their grand kids... and let this happen to their living room


 My brother Doug and his wife Joddy were nice enough to let our family of 9 stay in their beautiful house.

They even took us bowling.  Ammon is a natural! 

 Natalie and her cousin dressed like twins almost every day.  So cute!
 Emery has great form
 On our way to Disneyland, we stopped in a small Danish town called Solvang.  We went into a cute little bakery and saw this amazing gingerbread house.
 Then we headed to the Griffith Observatory.  We saw the Hollywood sign and overlooked Los Angeles.
The kids liked the museum inside.  They learned all about the stars and planets.  Wesley even held a very heavy meteorite that is over 4 million years old.


 Disneyland!  The kids liked all of the fun rides

And so did Joel and I!

But Joel especially!

The girls saved up their money and got princess dresses and walked around Disneyland all dolled up.  They were in Princess heaven!  Caroline was fine with just a Minnie Mouse doll.

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome post! I love to see "home" and see all your sisters and parents too!! I love it! :) Thanks so much for sharing. I love that your parents taught you so much!! And the rides at disneyland... you just gotta do it. :) yay! Looks like you really had a great time. :) Now I am missing home... great! ha. Love ya girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete